Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fall is just around the corner

Although today is hot and muggy in Atlanta, the Labor Day weekend coming up brings with it a sense that a very welcome beginning of Fall is just around the corner. It reminds me of a yuzen paper designed around the theme of autumn leaves. This beautiful paper silk screened on mulberry paper (kozo washi) has colors which blend together in warm and beautiful combinations. I can just imagine a book cover or greeting card showcasing this yuzen.

I love yuzen and use it all the time in my craft work. Sometimes a
particularly striking design will almost take my breath away. The terminology itself is a cross over from kimono fabric to paper and is used for both. In paper the designs are endless, presenting many traditional patterns and many more modern.

1 comment:

Brenda Griffith said...

Beautiful new site--Congratulations!